ENZO, THE ITALIAN CHEF IN LONDON.
The Restaurateur Chef Enzo Oliveri [in photo] has worked across Europe, The United Statesand at many of London’s finest hotels.He has cooked for Princess Diana,
Enzo has a passion for cooking and runs the very popular ‘Sicilian Chef’ Cookery Schoolwhere he educates both adults and children in the joys of preparing, cooking and appreciating good, healthy food. He has recently been asked to hold classes at The Italian Cultural Institute in Central London and is in high demand for appearances at exhibitions such as ‘La Dolce Vita’ and ‘The London Wine Fair’. He appeared with Gordon Ramsay on the ‘F Word’ and is currently preparing to film a TV series for the Good Food Channel on Sicilian cuisine.
Wild rabbit soup
Coniglio selvatico alla cacciatora
400g Freshly Peeled Tomatoes
4 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 large Onion coarsely chopped
50g Pitted Green Olives
2 large Potatoes cut into 1 cm cubes
4 Carrots, coarsely chopped
1 stick of Celery coarsely chopped
500ml Vegetable stock
2 x 200g Rabbit Breasts skinned
- A generous pinch of chopped flat leaf Parsley to garnish
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and drop in the tomatoes leave for 3 minutes then carefully
remove from the water and peel away the skin, when cool roughly chop the tomatoes.
2. Heat 2tbsp vegetable oil in a deep frying pan set over a medium heat.
Fry the onion until soft and transparent. Add olives, potatoes, carrots and celery along
with stock and tomatoes bring to the boil.
3. Add the rabbit bringing back to the boil and simmer for 35mins.
4. Remove the rabbit and blend together the vegetables to create a puree.
5. Shred the rabbit.
6 Pour the puree into a soup bowl and lay the shredded rabbit into the centre.
7. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.