ENZO, THE ITALIAN CHEF IN LONDON.
Makes 16 biscuits
250g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
125g whole almonds
1 tsp baking powder
4 drops vanilla essence
1 tsp chocolate powder
1tsp of cinnamon powder
3 medium size eggs
- Place in the mixer sugar, flour, whole almonds baking powder vanilla essence chocolate powder and cinnamon powder and add the eggs one by one.
- Leave the mixture in a cool area to rest for 1 hour.
- After one hour heat the oven to 1800C/ gas mark 4
- Roll into long thin strips and place onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Put into pre heated oven for 15mins. Remove.
- When cold cut into 1cm widths and return to the oven 180oC/gas mark 4 for 5mins to crisp.