London – AWARDS “ITALY MADE ME” \The Italian Embassy in London invites young Italian researchers in the United Kingdom to submit applications for research awards.
Awards will be assigned to young Italian researchers who have received part of their training in Italy in recognition of innovative results obtained in the following domains:
• Life Sciences
• Physical and Engineering Sciences
• Social Sciences & Humanities
• Hold a valid Italian passport
• Have completed part of their training in Italy (Maturità o Laurea)
• Have presented their PhD or their “Tesi di Laurea” viva no longer than 3 years (PhD) or 5 years (Laurea) before March 4 2015
• Submit results of research carried out in a UK institution
• Be registered with an academic association for Italians in UK (SEE NOTE 1 BELOW)
Applicants should submit:
• A summary of their research carried out in a UK institution including a statement signed by both the Applicant and his/her PI that the results presented for the award are chiefly due to the candidate. (see attached form)
• A CV no longer than 2 pages (see attached form)
Applications must be sent exclusively as a pdf document by e-mail to email@example.com
May 15th 2015
The application process will be coordinated by the Science Office of the Italian Embassy with the support of the Embassy`s Scientific Council and additional ad hoc experts.
The awardees will be selected chiefly on the basis of their research. Other criteria (publications, awards) will be taken into consideration for candidates whose research has received similar ranking.
Recipients of the Awards will receive a monetary price and their names will appear on publications (newsletters) of the collaborating Associations. Furthermore, the recipients will be included in the cicle of conferences held by the Il Circolo Italian Cultural Association.
Definitive number of awards (between 4 and 8) and the entity of the monetary price (£ 400-600) will depend on the number of applications received and hence will be determined at a later stage. The award ceremony will take place on occasion of the “INCONTRO DELLE ASSOCIAZIONI ACCADEMICHE E SCIENTIFICHE ITALIANE” on July 7th 2015 at the presence of the Italian Ambassador, H. E. Pasquale Terracciano.