ENZO, THE ITALIAN CHEF IN LONDON.
Pane e Panelle
½ litre Water
125g Chick pea flour
Pinch of salt
10g Flat leaf Parsley finely chopped
1ltr Vegetable oil
4 Crusty rolls
1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Boil the water with a pinch of salt and add the chick pea flour and parsley, bringing back to the boil.
- Simmer on a medium heat until all water has been absorbed. Approx 25mins. Stir occasionally to avoid excess sticking.
- When the chick pea flour has become thick in consistency remove from heat.
- While still hot take a small amount and press into the base of a saucer. Smooth flat and allow to cool.
- When cool peel off and place on a wire tray to dry.
- Heat the vegetable oil and deep fry for a couple of minutes until crisp.
- Remove and place on absorbent paper to take off excess oil.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and crusty bread.
Sarde a Beccafico
12 Sardines deboned with tails
200 gr Toasted Breadcrumbs
Salt and Pepper
1 tbls Raisins
1 tbls Pine Nuts
25 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Bay leaves
1 Large Lemon cut into slices
Juice of 1 lemon
1tbls Vegetable oil
Pre heat oven 200dg
- Place breadcrumbs, raisins, salt, pepper, pine nuts olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together forming a firm consistency.
- Line an oven proof dish with vegetable oil and put to one side.
- Lay flat the sardines and put a heaped teaspoon of mixture on the head end of the fish and roll.
- Place in ovenproof dish and alternate between each fish a bay leaf and a slice of lemon.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 25 minutes