The Italian Trade Agency in London The Italian Trade Agency (“ITA”) is a governmental entity with diplomatic status which promotes the internationalization of the Italian companies, in line with the strategies of the Ministry for Economic Development. ITA provides information, support and advice to Italian and foreign companies.
In addition to its headquarters in Rome, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agencies Offices linked to Italian embassies and consulates, working closely with local authorities and businesses.
ITA provides a wide range of services overseas helping Italian and foreign businesses to connect with each other, as well as attracting Foreign Direct Investments to Italy.
Job description The Italian Trade Promotion Agency (ITA) is currently seeking a Foreign Direct Investment as service provider for the FDI Desk operating in the London Office.
The purpose of the role will be to support U.K. direct investment in Italy, as well as to strengthen awareness of Italian business and regulatory environment.
The ideal candidate will have a consolidated background in finance, particularly in the investment banking, preferably with a consistent professional experience both in the U.K. and in Italy. He/shewill also have deep understanding of global FDIs, as well as of the U.K. economic and industrialframework.
• Managing the full cycle of the investment attraction: from potential lead screening, through initial qualification and connection;
• Enhancing and developing a full range of relations with local entrepreneurs, top corporate
officers, highly qualified professionals specialized in FDI strategies, and any other influential
people able to generate prospects and leads;
• Working closely with ITA office in London, ITA FDI Office in Rome headquarters, also with
local authorities and businesses in order to identify potential investment opportunities and
investors in the following investment sectors: greenfield, brownfield/expansion in Italy of
already existing investments, mergers & acquisitions;
• Communicate the mission and vision of the ITA Agency to local investors;
• Cultivating constant updates on Italian policies, procedures and programs addressed to
• Supporting potential investors with qualified information and assisting them, in coordination
with ITA FDI Offices in Rome Headquarters
• Monitoring investors’ activities in Italy and keeping relations.
Via Liszt, 21 – 00144 ROMA Italian Trade Agency London Certificazione N. IT16/0545
T +39 06 59921 – F +39 06 89280332 Sackville House, 40 Piccadilly ISO 9001 / UNI EN ISO 9001:2008
email@example.com London, W1J 0DR
Cod.Fisc. e Part. IVA 12020391004 +44 20 7292 3910
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or MBA or PhD in Finance, Economics;
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K.;
• At least 8 years of experience in the finance or/and investment banking sector;
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role – in the private or public sector – with a
strong network in different industries sectors;
• At least 3 qualified references from prior employers;
• Deep knowledge of the industrial framework of Italy;
• Outstanding communication skills, meticulous work ethic with attention to detail;
• Proficient in English and Italian;
• Perfect knowledge of the main specialised databases for professionals in the field (i.e.
Pitchbook, Capital IQ, FDI Markets)
Candidates lacking these requirements will not be considered.
The candidate may be required to travel internationally if necessary.
Instructions for candidature submission
1. Send your CV ONLY BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn. Roberto Luongo
Deadline: July 13, 2018 at 12:00 pm .
ONLY those candidates who will be fully meeting the above-listed requirements will be
contacted for an interview within July 2018.
ITA does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,color, race, religion or country of origin in the application of its employment policies, including but not limited to recruitment, training and promotion.
Providing every requirement of education, skill, technical qualifications and experience are met, the criterion for selection will be ability to perform the job under the specified conditions of service. All personnel will be given equal opportunity, based on performances and competencies.
This selection could be suspended and/or cancelled at any moment and for any reason by the Italian Trade Agency in London at its full discretion, without generating any moral or legal commitment towards the candidates, including those fully meeting the job